The Round Rock ISD Board of Trustees approved the final middle school boundary proposal at its Nov. 17 regular meeting. View the presentation
District officials amended the previous boundary plan, presented at the Oct. 20 Board meeting, after community and Board input. Cedar Valley and Chisholm Trail middle schools will be under capacity under the updated plan. Pearson Ranch Middle School will not be subject to overcrowding within the forecasted 10 year period.
The final boundary plan will continue to send all students from Fern Bluff Elementary School to Chisholm Trail Middle School and all students from Old Town Elementary School to Walsh Middle School.
The Northwoods at Avery Ranch subdivision and apartment complexes around Parmer Lane East of U.S. 183 will continue to attend Pearson Ranch Middle School. Forest North Elementary School will also feed into Pearson Ranch.
A majority of Joe Lee Johnson Elementary STEAM Academy and all Wells Branch Arts Integration Academy students will attend Deerpark Middle School. A portion of students who reside north of Grand Avenue Parkway will attend Chisholm Trail Middle School.
The Highland Horizons subdivision will stay at Cedar Valley Middle School. To better accommodate for growth at Pearson Ranch and allow for better demographic balance, the Ranch at Brushy Creek subdivision will be zoned for Cedar Valley.
Round Rock ISD has received community input on its September 15 and Oct. 20 boundary proposals, both through online and in-person forums and at the Oct. 20 Board of Trustees regular meeting.
There are no changes to current elementary or high school changes as part of this plan. Families will continue to attend the schools they are currently assigned to for elementary and high school.
Proposal Map for November 17, 2016, Meeting
- November 17, 2016 Regular Board Meeting Presentation
- October 20, 2016 Regular Board Meeting Presentation
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) will be updated here.
- Policy for changing attendance areas: Board Policy FC (Local).
- Review the District’s 2015-16 Final Demographics Report.
- Video archive of September 15, 2016, Board Meeting
- Interactive Map from Public Hearings
- Video from Public Hearings
- Interactive Map of Current Boundaries
- Format for public hearings
- Attendance Area Proposal Map [Large PDF File]
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row margin_top=”50″ full_width=”true”][vc_column][vc_column_text]