Nineteen teachers from Round Rock ISD were awarded $16,528 in grants from A+ Education Foundation, a philanthropic arm of A+ Federal Credit Union, as part of its 2017 Educator Grant Program. Each grant is up to $1,000. This year the Foundation awarded more than $85,000 in grants to 92 educators in Central Texas.
The grant money goes towards supporting new and ongoing programs, including equipment, supplies, materials and training. The funds cannot be used to pay teachers or substitutes or for stipends and travel-related expenses.
“The A+ Education Foundation continues to focus on our education community by investing in teachers and students,” Kerry Parker, A+ Federal Credit Union CEO said. “We love reading the submissions and seeing these grants come to life. We are honored to support educators who encourage student learning with hands-on, interactive programs.”
A+ Education Foundation was founded in 2005 and has awarded 822 educators with over $757,000 in grants to fund innovative programs for schools.
The following grant recipients, projects and schools are listed below:
Canyon Creek Elementary School
- eBook eXtravaganza!
Double File Trail Elementary School
- Today’s Readers, Tomorrow’s LEADERS
Fern Bluff Elementary School
- Getting Graphic: Using Graphic Novels to Support Instruction and Encourage Reading for Struggling Students
Forest Creek Elementary School
- Full S.T.E.A.M. Ahead (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics)
- Dash Ahead!
- Connected Learning Concepts with K’Nex Kits
Great Oaks Elementary School
- Growing Leaders
- Hydrated and Healthy
Joe Lee Johnson Elementary School
- Brain Growers!
- Keep Calm and Read On
Laurel Mountain Elementary School
- Global Math Chef
- Beyond Four Walls, the Nature Difference
- Literacy Library update
Purple Sage Elementary School
- “Inspiring a Global Perspective”
Grisham Middle School
- Take Me There Too! More 3-D Virtual Reality Field Trips in the Library
- Headphones for self-paced studies
- Supporting Next Gen Chromebook Technology in the Classroom
Pearson Ranch Middle School
- E Cubed Engaged, Empowered Engineering
Success High School
- Texas State Initiative (TSI) Preparation Resources for Secondary Math