Each student of Round Rock ISD contributes to society, continues to learn, and confidently embraces the challenges of a competitive and ever changing world.
- Student need is diverse and cannot be met through a single solution.
- A variety of teaching and learning techniques is needed to reach all students.
- All students deserve an equal opportunity to develop their unique capabilities.
- Quality instruction engages and inspires students.
- Students deserve a physically and emotionally safe learning environment
- A quality education is well rounded. It cultivates the intellect, skill-sets, wellness, and emotional maturity of each student.
- Engaged and genuine partnerships between the students, school, parents, community, and business are critical to successful student outcomes.
- Access to a quality education is the foundation for us to reach our full potential as a society.
Round Rock ISD is located in southern Williamson County and northwest Travis County and includes the City of Round Rock and portions of the City of Austin and the City of Cedar Park. The area covers 110 square miles encompassing high tech manufacturing and urban retail centers, suburban neighborhoods, and farm and ranch land.
Roughly 47,500 students attend the district’s five high schools, ten middle schools, 33 elementary schools, and two alternative learning centers. Enrollment grows by nearly 1,000 students per year.
The district has a diverse ethnic base with a student population*
The average student-teacher ratio for RRISD is 14.9. The annual dropout rate for students in grades 9 – 12 is just 0.5% and 64% of the district’s graduating seniors take the SAT and ACT college entrance exams, scoring well above state and national averages.