The Round Rock ISD Citizens Bond Committee (CBC) presented a $530.1 million recommendation to the Board of Trustees Thursday night with projects including High School #6, Elementary School #35, school additions, a Career Tech High School and an indoor aquatics center.
Trustees reviewed the projects and propositions, asking the District’s administration to bring forward additional projects for possible additions to the final package. The Board needs to call an election no later than its Feb. 16 regular meeting to appear on the May 6 election.
In addition to the recommendation, Trustees asked for details on possible projects including:
- a third District athletic facility at Cedar Ridge High School to minimize Thursday night varsity football games and to prepare for High School #6;
- classroom expansions to Sommer, England, and Great Oaks elementary schools, as well as Ridgeview and Walsh middle schools, to replace portables and accommodate for future growth;
- core expansion and classrooms at Brushy Creek Elementary School;
- design for an auditorium and parking garage at Westwood High School;
- design and construction for an auditorium and parking garage at Westwood High School;
- design for Round Rock High School Master Plan Phase #4 for parking, an auditorium, and renovations or demolition of old buildings;
- design and construction for Round Rock High School Master Plan Phase #4 for parking, an auditorium, and renovations or demolition of old buildings;
- land purchases for future facilities; and
- design for a permanent facility for Early College High School and Health Professions High School.
The District ran preliminary estimates concerning possible tax impact on a the median home value, $290,000, as part of its Bond planning, according to the report. The scenarios are:
- $1.50 per month for a $400 million Bond;
- $3.50 per month for a $450 million Bond; and
- $6.99 per month for a $600 million Bond.
The Board plans to hold a workshop on Feb. 9 to further consider additional recommendations for the Bond package.