Round Rock ISD is committed to providing websites that are accessible to all, regardless of technology or ability.
This website strives to comply with best practices and standards as defined by Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act and level AA of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user-friendly for all. Any issues should be reported to email@example.com.
We will continue to monitor Round Rock ISD websites to make sure that all content is accessible to all visitors. We will also continue to work to improve our accessibility standards.
Round Rock ISD sites includes the following accessibility features:
- Skip to content
- Alternative text detail for images (in progress for pre-2016 images)
- Allow modules such as Toggle & Accordion to be focusable with keyboard navigation. Hitting enter will open/close when focused.
- Add an outline to focused elements when navigation with the keyboard. (Blue was chosen as the global outline for all district and campus sites based on its colorblind usability data)
- Add appropriate ARIA attributes across elements & modules.
- Captioned videos (as of July 2017)
- Known accessibility issues include lack of meaningful links and lack of alternative text to convey words embedded on images
We are currently working to fix the following issues:
- Meaningful links
- New text content is added to the site using appropriate structural markup. We are reviewing older content and continuously working to make it compliant.
- New videos are added with captions and/or transcripts.
- Images added to the site prior to October 2016 may lack alternative text
- Color contrast issues with text and other web elements
If you have issues viewing an accessible version of a PDF in a browser, right-click the PDF to “save target” to your computer, then open the downloaded PDF in the latest Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Professional. Other reader versions or software may not be accessible.
We’ve put together some tips for website editors to follow when adding content to the Round Rock ISD website on the Accessibility Resources page.
Accessibility Issues? Let us know.
If you have accessibility concerns or issues accessing content on our website, fill out our accessibility form.