How to Retire from RRISD


I am Retiring from Round Rock ISD and TRS what are the procedures?

I want to retire what do I do?
Contact the Texas Teacher Retirement System and request a retirement packet, there will be forms for you to complete and forms for the payroll department to complete for you.

How do I resign?
Go to the Submit Resignation Page

When will I receive my final pay check and when will benefits end?
If you are working to the end of your calendar:

  • 10- Month employee’s final check is August; Insurance ends August 31st
  • 11- Month employee’s final check is July; Insurance ends July 31st
  • 12- Month employee’s final check is June; Insurance ends June 30th

Will you have a change of Address?
Please complete a change of address on the Employee Self Service.

If I retire, when is my retirement date?
Your retirement date should be the last day of the month in which you work for a school district.

What does payroll need?
Please send to Payroll office:

  • TRS 7 form: Notice of Final Deposit
  • Include your resignation date from Round Rock ISD