Reporting Child Abuse

Child Abuse Reporting


Texas Abuse Hotline

Anyone “having cause to believe that a child’s physical or mental health or welfare has been or may be adversely affected by abuse or neglect” MUST report the case immediately to a law enforcement agency or to the Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services, under Chapter 261 of the Texas Family Code. This report may be done online or by phone.

Immediate danger? Call 911

Other Helpful Numbers:

  • Round Rock Police: 512-218-5500
  • Austin Police: 512-974-5750
  • Williamson County Sheriff: 512-943-1300
  • Travis County Sheriff: 512-854-9285