Student-athletes from three Round Rock ISD high schools advanced to the State UIL Swimming and Diving meet after successfully competing at the regional meet Feb. 4.
The State UIL Swimming and Diving Meet will be held Feb. 17 and 18 at the University of Texas at Austin Swim Center. Teams and individuals from Westwood, McNeil and Round Rock high schools will compete at the event.
“Our swimming and diving student-athletes work incredibly hard, practicing in the early morning hours for an opportunity to compete at the state level,” RRISD Athletic Director Dwayne Weirich said. “We are proud and excited to see their hard work showcased and look forward to celebrating their success.”
The following student-athletes and their respective events are listed below:
- Boys 200 meter medley relay: Nick Shomper, Daniel Sim, Dario Johnston and Cameron Katzman.
- Sutton Marvin, 200 meter individual freestyle and 500 meter individual freestyle,
- Boys 200 meter freestyle relay: Cameron Katzman, Dario Johnston, James Nelson and Nick Shomper.
- Nick Shomper, 100 meter individual backstroke
- Cameron Katzman, 50 and 100 freestyle and
- Nicole Bogusch, one meter diving.
- Girls 200 meter medley relay: Kamy Alexander, Elise Johnson, Cassie Phillips and Breely Peterson.
- Vincent Ribeiro, 200 meter individual medley,
- Cassie Phillips, 50 meter freestyle, 100 meter butterfly,
- Girls 200 meter free relay: Cassie Phillips, Demi Waworuntu, Hope Scherger and Rose Anconetani,
- Kamy Alexander, 100 meter backstroke,
- Vincent Ribeiro, 100 meter breaststroke and
- Girls 400 meter free relay: Rose Anconetani, Sara Rattray, Home Scherger and Kamy Alexander.
- Boys 200 meter medley relay: Liam Tan, Matthew Lane, Kyle Varozza and Staley Varozza.
- Liam Tan, 200 meter individual medley and 100 meter freestyle,
- Matthew Lane, 100 meter individual breaststroke,
- Kyle Varozza, 50 meter individual freestyle and
- Baron Close, diving.