Round Rock ISD will host five public forums to share details about its upcoming Bond Election, totaling $572.1 million to address growth and innovation across the District.
Community members are also invited to submit feedback and questions regarding the Bond and request future Bond 2017 presentations for community organizations.
The public meeting dates, all beginning at 6:30 p.m., and locations are listed below:
- Tuesday, March 21 — Cedar Ridge High School,
- Monday, March 27 — Round Rock High School,
- Thursday, March 30 — McNeil High School,
- Monday, April 3 — Westwood High School and
- Wednesday, April 5 — Stony Point High School.
The Bond, which will impact all 54 campuses within the District, consists of three propositions:
- Proposition 1, totaling $381 million, will address urgent priorities of growth and safety within the District, including the construction of High School #6, Elementary School #35, improvements to aging facilities, replacement of aging technology at all schools and continuation of Master Plans at McNeil and Westwood high schools.
- Proposition 2, totaling $133.6 million, aligns with the District’s Strategic Plan for growth and innovation priorities, including expansions at elementary, middle and high schools to accommodate crowded schools, a Career Tech High School, a Visual and Performing Arts Middle School and an Early College and Health Professional High School.
- Proposition 3, totaling $56.8 million, addresses the priorities of a world class community’s expectations for arts and athletic programs, including an indoor aquatic center, the District’s outdoor athletic facility #3, upgrades to Dragon Stadium and design of auditoriums at Round Rock and Westwood high schools.