Forest Creek Elementary is home to 817 Coyotes in grades kindergarten through 5. The school’s mission is to maximize student academic and social growth by providing meaningful, differentiated experiences in order to cultivate lifelong learners. “These are our mission, vision and values. They guide all that we do,” said principal Sheri Lehnick.
Forest Creek is a model school where:
- students are first,
- a culture of high academic standards is the norm,
- responsible citizens are developed by providing experiences to build quality character,
- collaboration is essential and
- students are prepared for their future as thinkers, problem solvers, innovators and risk-takers.
- We model, directly teach, and reinforce positive character traits and effort.
- We use data from student assessment to provide challenging, differentiated instruction to ensure student growth and academic success.
- We respect each individual and meet their needs by building strong relationships and fostering a love for learning.
- We collaborate as a professional learning community to meet students’ academic, emotional, and social needs.
- We foster a safe environment that encourages risk-taking, problem solving, and creativity by providing authentic real world learning opportunities.
- We involve family and community to enhance and enrich learning.
- We incorporate technology to maximize learning and communication.
Some other examples of special programs at Forest Creek include: science fair and math and science showcase, science day, talent shows, Service Learning Club, Libraries of Love “Walk to Read” book walk, holiday meals for families in our community, Veteran’s Day program, senior choir concert and “Groovy O’Rama”, “Passport to Adventure” – cultural awareness night, author visits, fire department and reptile shows, world class student leadership conference & UIL events, PTA Reflections gallery night, Hour of Code Day, Jump Rope programs, art PBL – Painting for Paws, field trips, family fun nights, fall Hoedown, “Education Go Get It Week” events, PTA health fair, and junior choir concert and tour.
After school clubs include: writing club, garden club, Scrabble club, Destination Imagination and robotics.
“We have lots of special programs at our school. Forest Creek Elementary is a Project Based Learning school so we do lots of projects that focus on real world problems,” said principal Sheri Lehnick.
The school is located at the eastern edge in Round Rock at 3505 Forest Creek Drive. More information on Forest Creek Elementary.