The GOALS Learning Center vision is to “empower students for life.” With an approach that encourages community learning, the staff works together to meet the needs of each student while including the students in their individual goal development and accountability.
The GOALS Learning Center is a unique educational environment, serving students in ninth through 12th grade who need special education services geared toward emotional health. Located on the Round Rock High School campus, GOALS serves as a home campus for 40 percent of its students, while the other 60 percent spend a portion of the day at their home campus.
“Students see themselves as a larger part of the community and our service learning classes regularly interact with the community to provide students unique learning opportunities,” GOALS Principal Dennis Hardesty said.
The GOALS model extends individualized student learning opportunities with educators. Each day students are asked to develop their academic skills and life skills, as well as confront their emotional challenges. Students accomplish their goals through various projects the GOALS education team has created including the GOALS garden, service learning projects, art therapy and social cooperation.
Learn more about GOALS Learning Center at the campus website.