The Citizens Bond Committee (CBC) subcommittees will meet to review presentations and information and create a report of their findings and recommendations for the Board of Trustees. The CBC is expected to update the Board in April and provide a recommendation at that time on whether the Board should consider an election in November 2018 or May 2019.
The CBC will propose and prioritize projects based on the following criteria:
- Safety and security
- Demographics and growth
- Financial efficiency
- District vision, strategic plan, and learning framework
The CBC will be comprised of three subcommittees:
- The Districtwide Subcommittee will focus on safety, technology, and instructional programs that impact the entire district.
- The Growth Subcommittee will focus on facility needs to address growth and overcrowding, including new schools, land, additions, renovations.
- The Capital Renewal and Replacement Subcommittee will focus on critical components of existing facility infrastructure.
Citizens Bond Committee Members
Kris Parker, Chair
David Hansen, Co-chair
Board appointees are:
- Amber Feller, District-wide Subcommittee Chair
- Pauline Law, District-wide Subcommittee Vice Chair
- Fabian Cuero, Growth Subcommittee Chair
- Melissa Vandermeer, Growth Subcommittee Vice Chair
- Mary Marsden, Capital Renewal and Replacement Subcommittee Chair
- Trip Seibold, Capital Renewal and Replacement Subcommittee Vice Chair
The following six appointees will work with the three subcommittees to lead the work of the more than 250 volunteers through the CBC process:
- Claudio Cruz
- David G. Schmidt
- Jarrad Brenek
- Katrena Plummer
- Yi Dai
- Kristin Stevens
Citizens Bond Committee Meeting Information
Bond 2018 Program Update: Fall 2019
Bond 2018 Program: Summer 2019 Update
Board of Trustees approve architect for Elementary #35
Round Rock ISD maintains AAA bond ratings from Moody’s and Fitch
Board of Trustees approve architects for C.D Fulkes, Aquatic Practice Facility
Superintendent's Message: 2018 Bond: What’s next?
Superintendent's Message: Thank you Round Rock ISD community for supporting our schools!
Round Rock ISD voters approve $508.4 million Bond Election
Bond Project Impact: Bond 2018 would continue work on high school Master Plans, address growth and security issues
Bond Project Impact: Safety and Security in Round Rock ISD
VIDEO: Bond Project Impact: Elementary School #35
Bond Project Impact: A New Elementary School Would Address Growth in Round Rock ISD
Bond Project Impact: C.D. Fulkes Middle School Reconstruction
Bond-Splaining: Why is a swim practice facility included in the Bond?
21st Century Learning: Interactive Touch Panels inspire engagement, increase learning
VIDEO: Round Rock ISD: Tax Rate Impact
BOND-splaining: How can a $508.4 million bond have no impact on the tax rate
VIDEO: Round Rock ISD: Bond 2018 Overview
Board calls for $508.4 million Bond Election in November 2018
Citizens Bond Committee delivers recommendation on Bond proposal to Board of Trustees