Xenia Voigt Elementary
1201 Cushing Drive
Round Rock, Texas 78664
Principal, Cheryl Hester
What happens at our Arts Integration Academy?
Arts integration is an approach to teaching and learning in which students construct and demonstrate understanding through art. Coupled with our campus Dual Language program, students engage in the creative process in a way that meets their own unique cultural, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
We put kids first
Our teachers and staff engage all students to make connections, think creatively and gain cultural understanding. Each day our students demonstrate a deeper understanding of the world around them, engaged inquiry and improved problem-solving skills.
Students will have access to:
- Fine arts integrated instruction
- Enhanced arts instruction
- Dual language program
- Real world problem solving
- Engaging community partnerships
- Collaborative work experiences
- Expressive abstract concepts
- Extended-day enrichment
- Integrated technology
- Capturing Kids Hearts, recognized Showcase School
- Exposure to college and career choices
Voigt Elementary empowers our diverse community of students to use critical thinking skills as problem solvers and leaders. We strive to develop a passion for 21st Century learning and provide the necessary skills to positively impact our society.
Voigt Elementary fortaleze a nuestra diversa comunidad de estudiantes a utilizar habilidades de pensamiento crítico para ser solucionadores de problemas y lideres. Nos esforzamos por desarrollar una pasión por el aprendizaje del siglo 21 y proporcionar las habilidades necesarias para tener un impacto positivo en nuestra sociedad.
Voigt Elementary School opened in August 1975. The school is named after Xenia Voigt. Voigt began her teaching career in the Stony Point School District as a first through fourth grade teacher. When the district consolidated with Round Rock ISD in 1925, Voigt was hired as a first grade teacher. Voigt also served as the principal of Northside Elementary School. Her career in teaching spanned 48 years and several generations. On April 7, 1975, Voigt Elementary was named in her honor.
2018-19 STAAR Passing Rates
- 3rd Grade Reading – 60% 60% 60%
- 3rd Grade Math – 55% 55% 55%
- 4th Grade Reading – 60% 60% 60%
- 4th Grade Math – 57% 57% 57%
- 4th Grade Writing – 53% 53% 53%
- 5th Grade Reading – 72% 72% 72%
- 5th Grade Math – 75% 75% 75%
- 5th Grade Science – 64% 64% 64%
NOTE: STAAR results, student demographic and enrollment data is pulled from the Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR). This page is updated generally around mid-November when the data is released by the state. The TAPR includes information from the previous school year.
2018-19 Student Demographics
- African American – 10.2% 10.2% 10.2%
- Hispanic – 72.9% 72.9% 72.9%
- White – 14.2% 14.2% 14.2%
- Native American – 0.5% 0.5% 0.5%
- Asian – 0.7% 0.7% 0.7%
- Pacific Islander – 0% 0% 0%
- Two or more races – 1.4% 1.4% 1.4%
- Economically Disadvantaged – 73.8% 73.8% 73.8%
- English Language Learners – 39.4% 39.4% 39.4%
Student Enrollment by program
- Bilingual/ESL – 42.2% 42.2% 42.2%
- Gifted and Talented – 2.1% 2.1% 2.1%
- Special Education – 14.8% 14.8% 14.8%