Westwood High School
12400 Mellow Meadow
Austin Texas 78750
Principal, Mario Acosta
What happens at our school?
Students take ownership of their education through a variety of offerings aimed at addressing the individual needs of students. The campus’ IB Diploma Programme is an academically challenging and balanced program that prepares students for success in higher education and beyond. Students that select to participate in the program will experience the essential strands of creativity, action and service interwoven in the fabric of the program.
We put kids first
Our community of expert educators aim to develop internationally minded individuals who recognize their common humanity and shared global guardianship to help create a better and more peaceful world.
Students will have access to:
- Multi-linguistic and intercultural curriculum
- Global engagement
- Cross-integrated lessons
- Integrated technology
- Exposure to college and career choices
- Flexible and collaborative learning spaces
- Career and technical education facilities
- Individualized learning
- Service learning
To transform lives for the benefit of society.
Respect all in a welcoming and accepting environment.
Uphold a learning culture built on perseverance and continuous growth.
Value both inquiry and experience.
Encourage innovative, creative thinking.
Foster excellence and balance.
Embrace professional autonomy and collaboration.
Practice, promote, and support honesty.
Westwood High School opened its doors to students in August 1981.
College Readiness Scores
SAT Results (Average): 1733
ACT Results (Average): 27.5
Academic Achievement in English Language Arts/Reading
Academic Achievement in Mathematics
Academic Achievement in Science
Academic Achievement in Social Studies
Top 25 Percent: Student Progress
2016-17 STAAR Passing Rates
- English I – 90% 90% 90%
- English II – 89% 89% 89%
- Algebra I – 90% 90% 90%
- Biology – 96% 96% 96%
- U.S. History – 98% 98% 98%
- School Report Card
- Campus Improvement Plan
- Climate Surveys
- TX Academic Performance Report
- Adequate Yearly Progress
- Accountability Summary
- Distinction Designation Summary
- HB 5 Performance Ratings
Performance Indicators website
2016-17 Student Demographics
- African American – 4% 4% 4%
- Hispanic – 16.6% 16.6% 16.6%
- White – 43.6% 43.6% 43.6%
- Native American – 0.4% 0.4% 0.4%
- Asian – 30.8% 30.8% 30.8%
- Pacific Islander – 0.1% 0.1% 0.1%
- Two or more races – 4.6% 4.6% 4.6%
- Economically Disadvantaged – 11.7% 11.7% 11.7%
- Annual Dropout Rate – 0.0% 0.0% 0.0%
NOTE: STAAR results, student demographic and enrollment data is pulled from the Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR). This page is updated generally around mid-November when the data is released by the state. The TAPR includes information from the previous school year.
Student Enrollment by program
- Bilingual/ESL – 4.1% 4.1% 4.1%
- Career and Technology – 59.9% 59.9% 59.9%
- Gifted and Talented – 20% 20% 20%
- Special Education – 5.2% 5.2% 5.2%