1901 Sunrise Rd.
Round Rock, Texas 78664
Principal, Nachelle Scott
What happens at our school?
The campus’ IB Middle Years Programme is an academically challenging and balanced program that nurtures the students capacity to have a global understanding of their role in the world. Students gain the skills to utilize their individual strengths for the acquisition of knowledge in a service in action environment.
We put kids first
Our community of expert educators aim to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring individuals who help create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
- Multi-linguistic and intercultural curriculum
- Global engagement
- Cross-integrated lessons
- Integrated technology
- Exposure to college and career choices
- Flexible and collaborative learning spaces
- Broadcast studio
- Individualized learning
- Service learning
We will nurture and challenge all students, empower diverse thinking, facilitate the collaborative exchange of ideas, and encourage authentic engagement in the classroom, community, and global society.
It is the vision of HeMS to work collaboratively with parents, teachers, and the community to guide students to be their own HERO by exhibiting Honesty, Excellence, Respect, and Ownership in every situation, every day.
2016-17 STAAR Passing Rates
- 6th Grade Reading – 57% 57%
- 6th Grade Math – 61% 61%
- 7th Grade Reading – 66% 66%
- 7th Grade Math – 60% 60%
- 7th Grade Writing – 62% 62%
- 8th Grade Reading – 84% 84%
- 8th Grade Math – 84% 84%
- 8th Grade Science – 70% 70%
- 8th Grade Social Studies – 56% 56%
- School Report Card
- Campus Improvement Plan
- Climate Surveys
- TX Academic Performance Report
- Adequate Yearly Progress
- Accountability Summary
- Distinction Designation Summary
- HB 5 Performance Ratings
Performance Indicators website
2016-17 Student Demographics
- African American – 12.1% 12.1%
- Hispanic – 53.2% 53.2%
- White – 27% 27%
- Native American – 0.4% 0.4%
- Asian – 2.4% 2.4%
- Pacific Islander – 0.2% 0.2%
- Two or more races – 4.7% 4.7%
- Economically Disadvantaged – 54.1% 54.1%
- English Language Learners – 14.9% 14.9%
NOTE: STAAR results, student demographic and enrollment data is pulled from the Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR). This page is updated generally around mid-November when the data is released by the state. The TAPR includes information from the previous school year.
Student Enrollment by program
- Bilingual/ESL – 13.6% 13.6%
- Career and Technical – 21.1% 21.1%
- Gifted and Talented – 8.7% 8.7%
- Special Education – 15.9% 15.9%