Round Rock ISD offers a half-day prekindergarten program for children who are four years old on or before September 1, live in the district, and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- is limited in the ability to speak and/or comprehend the English language; or
- is eligible for free or reduced lunch based on the family’s income; or
- is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a ; or
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
A child who is eligible for enrollment under item 4 or 5 above remains eligible if the child’s parent leaves the armed forces, or is no longer on active duty, after the child begins prekindergarten.
NOTE: Round Rock ISD does not offer tuition based prekindergarten program. The current program is for students who meet the criteria for entry established by the Texas Education Agency (TEA).